Re: make not expanding variables

From: Paul Smith
Subject: Re: make not expanding variables
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2014 00:30:17 -0400

On Sat, 2014-08-09 at 19:42 -0400, David Boyce wrote:
> Given that the OP is on Ubuntu, and if we stipulate for
> the sake of the argument that dash is broken, then setting SHELL to
> bash seems preferable to any other alternative such as zsh.

I definitely agree that bash is preferable to zsh (or csh or whatever)
since zsh is even father from POSIX than bash.

But I don't agree to that stipulation, since I've been using Ubuntu for
production work since 2007 writing scripts in /bin/sh and haven't run
into problems in dash.  Of course bugs exist everywhere (even in bash!),
so YMMV for sure :-).