Re: Precedence in target rules executed in parallel

From: Riccardo Manfrin
Subject: Re: Precedence in target rules executed in parallel
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 10:08:03 +0200

I quite solved myself, although I'm not sure this is ok, it works:
all: $(MYLIB) TEST
$(MYLIB):
TEST: $(MYLIB)
I could solve by putting $(MYLIB) as a prerequisite of TEST, but I don't
want to pass through (=depend on) TEST for compiling the library. I
would like to be able to exclude TEST on demand and stll compile the library
You don't depend on TEST to compile the library, because the
prerequisite list of target $(MYLIB) is empty. Just call
"make $(MYLIB)" (the name of your library) and make will just build
the library without TEST.

Regards
Michael