RE: backslash does not simply continue line?

From: Mark Galeck (CW)
Subject: RE: backslash does not simply continue line?
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2012 09:06:22 -0800

Well, OK, basically this means for me, I can't really break some lines and have
to keep them long (or I would have to put an additional $(strip) calls)

>Just yesterday I saw a
makefile that contained this:

        SOURCES = foo.c\
        bar.c\
        biz.c\
        baz.c

so changing this would absolutely break many real makefiles.

Well, to me, this is already broken to begin with :)  The person who writes
code like this should find some other occupation.