Re: Make doesn't understand wich files have been modified

From: Kristof Provost
Subject: Re: Make doesn't understand wich files have been modified
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2011 16:01:27 +0100

On 2011-11-25 10:03:08 (+0100), address@hidden <address@hidden> wrote:
> When i modify an header file (.h) and then i compile the project, not all
> sorce (.c) files that include the modified header are re-compiled by make.
> I've no problems when i modify only the source .c files.

This probably means your dependencies are not set up correctly.
You may want to take a look at the following for hints on how to improve
your makefiles:
http://www.cmcrossroads.com/ask-mr-make/7172-tips-and-tricks-from-the-automatic-dependency-generation-masters

> Make invocation is made with the following command:
> make -k pre-build main-build

You'll need to show us the actual makefile. The command doesn't really
tell us anything.

Kristof