Re: .DELETE_ON_ERROR & error propagation through multi-command

From: Paul Smith
Subject: Re: .DELETE_ON_ERROR & error propagation through multi-command
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2011 10:56:29 -0500

On Tue, 2011-11-08 at 15:27 +0100, Robert wrote:
> > I'm not strong in Windows scripting so I can't say the best way to solve
> > your problem.  Presumably you want to preserve the exit code of the
> > python script, then do the "cd ..", then exit from the recipe line using
> > the saved exit code.
>
> thanks.  The method with && seems to work here on Windows too.
> MingW GNU make seems to use a sort of MingW sh .
> Well, I see Windows cmd.exe shell also understands the &&

Just remember that in this case, the final "cd .." is not performed.

That may or may not matter to you.  As I mentioned, in UNIX systems it's
basically a no-op since the working directory is a property of each
individual process.  I don't think that's true in Windows, so omitting
the final "cd .." might cause issues.