Re: manual execution of make works, but not from another makefile

From: Luke Shumaker
Subject: Re: manual execution of make works, but not from another makefile
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2011 21:56:29 -0500

This is an ElectricMake issue, and this is a GNU Make mailing list, so
we may not be able to help you much.

However, it sounds like ElectricMake is setting some environmental
variables that it passes to GNU Make.  For example if the GNU Makefile
sets `CFLAGS+=-g' then when you run it from the command line, the
commands is `cc -g <whatever>', but if ElectricMake sets `CFLAGS=-Wall'
and exports it (in GNU Make terms), then in GNU Make CFLAGS will be
`-Wall -g', which would cause more errors to spit out. That of was an
example, there are a lot more compiler flags that could trip errors, and
other variables that will play with the system.

--
~ LukeShu
http://lukeshu.ath.cx