Re: Help-make Digest, Vol 94, Issue 23

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Help-make Digest, Vol 94, Issue 23
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2010 11:51:27 +0200

> Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2010 13:06:01 +0330
> From: ali hagigat <address@hidden>
>
> In the manual, part, 4.b when it says :
> "the target is rebuilt using the file name specified in the makefile."
> The word , target , may refer to preq1 or all5!! and for both the
> pathname is thrown away.

In the modified description I posted here, there is no confusing
mixing of "target" and "prerequisite".  Please read the modified
description of the algorithm, and see if it resolves the confusion.

> And the last question is that, why the pathname found before Step 4,
> were not used at the beginning of Step 4, (processing the
> prerequisites)?!!

Step 4 is about what happens _after_ processing all the prerequisites,
recursively.  Whether step 4 uses the pathname found by the directory
search is described in 4a and 4b.