Re: Looking for doc on target groups...

From: Eric Melski
Subject: Re: Looking for doc on target groups...
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 09:51:43 -0700

Brian R Cowan wrote:
I have a makefile that has target definitions that look something like this:

foo.out+bar.out+oof.out: : prereq1
        {script}

I know that this is a special kind of target group ("this 'recipe' builds all these targets at once"), but I'll be darned if I can find this definition anywhere -- including in the GNU make manual.

It's not in the GNU make manual because that is not GNU make syntax.  There are other make variants that support that syntax, such as System V make.

HTH,

Eric Melski
http://blog.melski.net/