Re: ifeq behaves differently on linux (using GNU Make 3.80) and Solaris

From: Stephan Beal
Subject: Re: ifeq behaves differently on linux (using GNU Make 3.80) and Solaris (using GNU Make 3.81)
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 19:03:19 +0200

On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 1:59 PM, springer83 <address@hidden> wrote:
      I am porting an application from linux to solaris but ifeq behaves
differently on  linux (using GNU Make 3.80) and Solaris (using GNU Make
3.81) ,

Below is the snippet wat i am using on linux :
" " "
" " "
ifeq ($(OS), linux)

Where does "linux" come from? My uname spits out "Linux":

address@hidden:~/tmp$ cat Makefile
OS := $(shell uname -s)
ifeq ($(OS),Linux)
export CPPFLAGS += -DOS_LINUX -D_GNU_SOURCE -D_REENTRANT
echo "HIIIIIII"
endif
address@hidden:~/tmp$ make
Makefile:4: *** missing separator.  Stop.

(line 4 == echo ...)

As expected.

--
----- stephan beal