Re: How to disable -j option inside a makefile

From: Paul Smith
Subject: Re: How to disable -j option inside a makefile
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 00:19:11 -0400

On Mon, 2010-06-14 at 18:37 -0500, Peng Yu wrote:
> I have some makefile that should not be run with multiple process even
> if -j or -j<n> option is specified. Is there a way to disable -j or
> -j<n> in a makefile?

I suggest you read the GNU make manual.  Of all the various questions
you've asked over the last weeks, almost every single one is answered
quite clearly in the manual.  We're not here to read the manual for
you... that's why we wrote the manual, so you could find these answers
for yourself.

If you have read the manual but couldn't find anything, then first,
please mention that fact when you ask questions so we know what you've
already tried, and second, check the section "Special Built-in Target
Names".

Cheers!