Re: Re-evaluate date of file after updating?

From: Alberto Luaces
Subject: Re: Re-evaluate date of file after updating?
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 21:35:42 +0200

Norbert Nemec writes:

> This behaves nearly as needed, but unfortunately, the rule for prog.o
> does not care whether lib.mod has actually changed. It always
> recreates prog.o when lib.f90 was modified.

There are some papers about this very subject. Maybe they are useful to
you:

http://www.nicdan.id.au/computers/compiling/recompile.html

As a side note, I recall some compilers that don't touch the .mod file
if the new content to write is the same as the existent one. IIRC it was
the case for g95, but not for gfortran.

--
Alberto