where to start?

From: Tool
Subject: where to start?
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 16:17:04 -0700 (PDT)

Since i started learning UNIX lately i heard make was a powerful tool, so i
decided to learn it.

But i know little, basicaly almost nothing about it except it has to do with
cc command from the terminal.

So i was wandering where to start and where to find some beginner-friendly
tutorials and after tutorials an book. I allready have "Managing projects
with GNU make, 3rd edition", but i cant really seem to follow the contents.

My background knowledge is K&R2 only, nothing else (whole book).