RE: Maintaining PATH while running make with sudo

From: Steve Deiters
Subject: RE: Maintaining PATH while running make with sudo
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 15:31:54 -0600

I had thought make was changing my PATH under root for some reason, but
it is actually just the root login modifying it.  I am trying to keep a
path to my compiler when I run make with sudo so I can run 'sudo make
install', but my compiler is a cross compiler in a non-standard
location.

It seems this is not a make issue though.  Now I just need to find the
right startup script to put my path in for sudo access.

Thanks.