Re: help: conversion from nmake to gnu make

From: Sam Ravnborg
Subject: Re: help: conversion from nmake to gnu make
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 14:06:51 +0100

On Wed, Dec 02, 2009 at 03:41:20AM -0800, Subramanian Olagappan wrote:
> Hi Again,
>
> I may be asking too much help on this.

I would strongly suggest that you:

a) Read 'info make' from one end to the other.
b) Try to ask google before asking here.

Just try to google for "comparison document between nmake and gmake syntax"
and you will find links to documents that does so.

> 1. What is the equivalent to nmake  message function.
1) Look for $(warning xxx), $(error xxx) and I think $(info xxx)

> 2. can i use || , && in gmake ? what will be equivalent code in gmake
2) Do not recall. Check info make

> 3. Path to file names should use unix [ forward slash ] or windows [ backward
> slash ] format ?
3) Please try it out...

> 4. Do you know any comparison document between nmake and gmake syntax ?
4) Ask google

        Sam