Re: How to make a goal as default?

From: Philip Guenther
Subject: Re: How to make a goal as default?
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 09:47:56 -0700

On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 7:45 AM, Stephan Beal<address@hidden> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 7:40 AM, Pan ruochen <address@hidden> wrote:
>> I'm implementing a common makefile template which will be included by
>> the makefiles of all the projects in the SDK, e.g.
>
> The default target for a makefile is ALWAYS the first target in the
> makefile, no matter what it is called.

Always...unless you use special variable .DEFAULT_GOAL that is.  To
quote the info pages:

3.6 Other Special Variables

GNU `make' also supports other special variables.  Unless otherwise
documented here, these values lose their special properties if they are
set by a makefile or on the command line.

`.DEFAULT_GOAL'
     Sets the default goal to be used if no targets were specified on
     the command line (*note Arguments to Specify the Goals: Goals.).

Philip Guenther