Re: how to use 'tcl' as SHELL?

From: Garrett Cooper
Subject: Re: how to use 'tcl' as SHELL?
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 14:18:22 -0700

On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 11:49 AM, Paul Smith <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-07-21 at 11:41 -0700, Garrett Cooper wrote:
>> tclsh execution conforms to bash, etc all,
>
> Not according to my man pages:
>
>        SCRIPT FILES
>               If  tclsh is invoked with arguments then the first argument is
> the name
>               of a script file and any additional arguments are made
> available to the
>               script  as  variables  (see  below).
>
> that's not how UNIX shells work.

Paul:

Good point. I was thinking of interactive shell usage...

Rodrigo:

Something like this works when sh is present at least:

override SHELL := sh -c "exec tclsh '$0' ${1+'$@'}"

You'll still have to come up with sh.exe though under windows... but
at least it gives you a starting point to work from with tclsh...

FWIW you probably want to stick to simple tests and evaluation with
control structures available in GNU Make as a foundation, [ba]sh as a
secondary baseline, and Tcl, Python, etc to finely granulate your Make
targets

-Garrett