RE: When some files need special compilation flags, ...

From: x z
Subject: RE: When some files need special compilation flags, ...
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 01:00:20 +0000

> I'll suggest that your problems with using a consistent set of defines
> probably indicate a deeper problem or misunderstanding and that you
> should consider describing them on a Solaris news group
> (comp.os.solaris?) or otherwise try to resolve them instead of mixing
> compilation options as a workaround.
>
> (Personally, I've found it works to just compile everything with
> -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 -D__EXTENSIONS__ -D_REENTRANT
> Code that can't be compiled with those is broken code. Fix the code,
> not the compilation environment.)

I am not going into Solaris details here.  One can search for three recent threads in Sun Forums on Solaris' broken POSIX conformance. And _REENTRANT is not really the macro to use for POSIX conformance, according to Sun's Multithreaded Programming Guide.

Making the world a better place one message at a time. Check out the i'm Talkathon.