Re: How to check if a file exists?

From: Garrett Cooper
Subject: Re: How to check if a file exists?
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 01:29:44 -0700

On May 20, 2008, at 12:49 AM, Hongliang Wang wrote:

Hello all,

I need to use a very very stupid Windows application to produce something, while this application does not have any return code or error message, so the only way that I can check whether building succeed is to check if the output file exist after building ...

now this is my Makefile, could anybody tell me if this is the correct way to do this?

=============================
kit: xml
        @echo ' \ncompiling $(XML) ...'
        -$(RM) $(OUTPUT)/*.exe
        '$(BITROCK_SYSTEM)' build '$(XML)' windows
        if test -e $(OUTPUT)/*.exe; \
        then @echo ' compiling success! ...'; \
               else @echo ' compiling failes ...'; \
        fi