spaces...

From: address@hidden
Subject: spaces...
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 20:54:36 +0100

hello,
I would like to test if a library file exist. To make this, I have used the function
"wildcard" who return me nothing if the file doesn't exist.
My problem is when the full path of the file contain a space. In this case, the function wildcard
test separately the different parts around the space and so see nothing... To manipulate a list of
files with spaces I have replace the spaces by a pattern and the others spaces are only to separate
the elements of the list. So my question is : Can I use a specific pattern to replace the space who
will be recognize by the function wildcard as a space in my file name (and not as a
space-separation of the list) ? (like "\ " or "%SPACE%", etc.)
Or what other solution is possible to test if a file (with spaces in his name)
exist ?
I use my makefile on Linux, Mac and Windows (and a stup** man has called the main
directory "Program Files").
Best regards,
Fabien

NB: sorry for my English, I hope you can understand me...