Re: Error!!! while using make to build GCC

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Error!!! while using make to build GCC
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 19:57:43 +0200

> Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 07:55:18 -0700 (PDT)
> From: se7en_hills <address@hidden>
>

>       I have tried to configure GCC-4.1.2 on my system. I have
> windows-xp-sp2 and tried cygwin to build it
> After i configure , when i build i get the following messsage
>
> address@hidden /cygdrive/c
> $ cd gcc_build
>
> address@hidden /cygdrive/c/gcc_build
> $ make
> cd /cygdrive/c/gcc-4.1.2 && autogen Makefile.def
> /cygdrive/c/djgpp/tmp/dj100000: line 1: autogen: command not found
> make.exe: *** [/cygdrive/c/gcc-4.1.2/Makefile.in] Error 127
>
> Please help me in solving this issue.

First, you don't have the `autogen' command or script.

More importantly, you are trying to build a Cygwin port of GCC using
DJGPP tools (Bash and maybe also Make, it's hard for me to tell).
This will never work, even if you install `autogen', so please make
sure the Cygwin port of Bash and Make are used.  Perhaps your PATH
needs tweaking.

In any case, I don't think this has anything to do with Make, which is
the topic of this forum.