Re: Help with make on CUPS

From: Paul Smith
Subject: Re: Help with make on CUPS
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 17:47:35 -0500

On Thu, 2008-01-24 at 15:34 -0600, Duke, Charles wrote:
> You claim that CUPS and the GNU make are fully tested.  I tried to use
> the GNU make (3.81 to compile CUPS.  Here are the errors:
>
> cups-1.4svn-r7231
> make-3.81
> AIX 5.3
>
> Please assist.

Hi Charles;

This mailing list (help-make) is for people needing help with problems
with makefiles or building make itself or getting it to work.

Your issue:

> # /usr/local/bin/make
> Making all in cups...
> Compiling adminutil.c...
> In file included from globals.h:31,
>                  from adminutil.c:37:
> /usr/include/pthread.h:596: error: parse error before '*' token

(etc.) is that a program (CUPS) is not compiling.  This is a problem
you'll have to take up with the people who develop CUPS, not with us.
Make is behaving properly, so there's nothing much we can say.

We can't, unfortunately, help everyone who's code won't compile, but
happened to use make to invoke the compiler.

Good luck!

 Paul D. Smith <address@hidden>                 http://make.mad-scientist.us
 "Please remain calm--I may be mad, but I am a professional."--Mad Scientist