Re: Initialization targets

From: Paul Smith
Subject: Re: Initialization targets
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 12:40:14 -0500

On Wed, 2008-01-16 at 15:27 -0200, Rafael Garabato wrote:
> Thanks Paul for your response. Just another short question: if I
> wanted to submit a new feature which I may develop my self, who should
> I contact to see if they are interested in officially including it to
> the make?

I'm the GNU make maintainer, so I would make the final call.  But, I
generally like to have discussions like this on the mailing lists rather
than privately, so posting your proposal here for comment would be a
good first step.

Also, if you're not already aware of it, note that the FSF requires
copyright assignment paperwork for all non-trivial code changes before
they can be accepted into the official codebase.  If you elect to go
this way I can send you the required paperwork or point you in the right
direction.

Cheers!

 Paul D. Smith <address@hidden>                 http://make.mad-scientist.us
 "Please remain calm--I may be mad, but I am a professional."--Mad Scientist