Regarding make command

From: Ramkumar.Ramajeyam
Subject: Regarding make command
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 15:02:16 +0530

Hi,

I am finding difficulty in installing software.

The Makefiles inside the configuration refer to "${MAKE} -C src all" command.

So while executing the make command. I am getting the foll. Error

   make -C src all

Make: Unknown flag argument C.  Stop.

*** Error exit code 1

Stop.

After browsing through this error I came to know that GNU package has to be installed.

Kindly letme know whether is there any alternative for this command as I don’t have GNU in the machine I am using.

Regards,

Ram