RE: Install-Recursive error

From: Dave Korn
Subject: RE: Install-Recursive error
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 15:02:58 +0100

On 15 May 2007 14:14, Karanth ** wrote:

> I have faced some problems while installing GMake.I have attached the
> details of the error..Can anyone tell me how to resolve this..

> rm -f libglob.a
> ar cru libglob.a glob.o fnmatch.o
> /bin/bash: ar: command not found
> make[1]: *** [libglob.a] Error 127

  Well, the question is why the binutils archiving utility 'ar' cannot be
found.  Is it in your $PATH?  It's rather unusual that the assembler 'as' is
there but not 'ar'.  What happens if you try cd'ing into /tools/make-3.81/glob
and running the failing command "ar cru libglob.a glob.o fnmatch.o" manually?

    cheers,
      DaveK