Re: Disabling updating of makefiles

From: Colm Aengus Murphy
Subject: Re: Disabling updating of makefiles
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 16:55:20 +0100

Hi Greg,

I use

DEPENDS_FILES = $(OBJ_DIR)/dummy.P $(wildcard $(OBJ_DIR)/*.P)
-include $(DEPENDS_FILES)
%.P:

I use .P instead of .d as I do some post processing on the .d files from gcc.

It appears after some testing that most of the timing problems relate to file io. Things are much faster on a local disk compared with a clearcase dynamic view.

I'll send in a bug report for the make -R issue.

Regards

Colm A