Re: Static Pattern Rules: target, stem, and prerequisite issue

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: Static Pattern Rules: target, stem, and prerequisite issue
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 04:14:59 -0400

%% "Martin Gaarde Lund" <address@hidden> writes:

  mgl> Im using a GNU make w32 binary version 3.79.1 running windows xp.

Ah.  Are you using the cygwin binary?  Because that is not a standard
version of GNU make.  The Cygwin folks have modified it.  For any
windows-specific issues (of which this is not one) you need to ask on
the cygwin lists, FYI.

  mgl> I tried the following and failed with version 3.79.1. And of course it
  mgl> fails.

Indeed.  You must have 3.81.

  mgl> I should get version 3.81 as instructed but I cant currently find
  mgl> a w32 binary anywhere and I have no means of building it
  mgl> myself.

Judging by the rules in your makefile you have a C compiler... that's
all you need to build GNU make.

Look at the README.W32 file for info on building on Windows systems.

  mgl> So if anyone out there knows where to find this dont hesitate to
  mgl> tell me :o)