Re: make can not find .cpp file, any general comments or suggestions to

From: Lin George
Subject: Re: make can not find .cpp file, any general comments or suggestions to debug?
Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 05:42:44 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Paul,

I have read through the section you recommended, but I
can not find the relationship between CXXFLAGS and
CPPFLAGS (for example, CXXFLAGS includes CPPFLAGS) --
to my surprise, instead I found that CPPFLAGS is used
for C (not C++)? Here is the original text from GNU
make manual,

CXXFLAGS Extra flags to give to the C++ compiler.
CPPFLAGS Extra flags to give to the C preprocessor and
programs that use it (the C and
Fortran compilers).

regards,
George