Re: question about Generating Prerequisites Automatically

From: Lin George
Subject: Re: question about Generating Prerequisites Automatically
Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 05:07:20 -0700 (PDT)

Thank you Paul!

I have read through the section you recomemnded. But I
can not find the definition of the intermediate file.
After reading this section, the definition of
intermediate file in my mind is,

temporary files created by implicit rules or chains of
implicit rules to build the targets.

Is that a correct understanding? Or the precise
definition of intermediate file is located somewhere
else in GNU make manual?

regards,
George