RE: What is wrong ?

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: RE: What is wrong ?
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 13:19:35 -0400

%% "PATTON, BILLY \(SBCSI\)" <address@hidden> writes:

  >> 1 = refresh
  >> 2 = proj
  >> 3 = bb
  >> sep = +

  pb> When I do a $(call refresh_proj_bb,refresh,$(proj),$(bb))

What about sep?

  >> That means you're taking the result of $(call
  >> uc,$(1))$(sep)$(2)$(sep)$(3) which is 'REFRESH+proj+bb', and using
  >> it as the name of a variable and dereferencing it.

  pb> That is exactly what I'm trying to do.  And I have manually
  pb> verified that that variable does exist.

Unfortunately, you didn't say that's what you wanted to do.

If you use the $(warning ...) without the extra reference does it
actually print the right variable name?

Please provide an actual, working example (as simple as possible) that
shows the problem.