Re: Interrupted System Call EINTR on Solaris

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: Interrupted System Call EINTR on Solaris
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 11:48:35 -0500

%% "CARTER-HITCHIN, David, GBM" <address@hidden> writes:

  cdg> As we suffer from this bug (?) occasionally, it would be good to
  cdg> install 3.81, but I'd prefer to do this from an official release.
  cdg> looking on ftp.gnu.org the latest I can find is 3.80.  Is 3.81
  cdg> imminent?

As imminent as anything ever is with Free Software.

You can try the latest release candidate:

    ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/make/make-3.81rc2.tar.gz

if you like, to see if it helps with your problem.

  cdg> What acutally causes this?  Perhaps there is something else that
  cdg> can fix it?

You can look here for info:

  http://make.paulandlesley.org/jobserver.html

Look at the section "SA-non-RESTARTer?"  I've had conversations with
knowledgeable people who claim that the POSIX guarantee for SA_RESTART
is not as ironclad as one would assume, and that technically Solaris is
not violating the letter of the spec, so...