Re: use of wildcard function recursively

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: use of wildcard function recursively
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 08:44:06 -0500

%% "Chris Chiasson" <address@hidden> writes:

  cc> ended up using

  cc> find . -name "*" -type d | while read f; do mv "$f" `echo "$f" | sed 's/
/_/g'`; done

The option '-name "*"' is meaningless; just leave it out.

The above will find only directories ("-type d")... I thought the spaces
were in the filenames?

  cc> a few times (to affect subdirectories underneath directories with
  cc> spaces in their names)... wonder if there is a "leaves first" option
  cc> to find...

man find

yields all knowledge.  For example:

   -depth Process each directory's contents before the directory itself.