RE: Can I have a variable and target the same name

From: PATTON, BILLY \(SBCSI\)
Subject: RE: Can I have a variable and target the same name
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 08:52:40 -0600

Paul,
  Thank you for your responses.  Before I took this job I  thought I
knew something
about make.  I have learned a lot in the last month and can see where I
had
some very simple examples before.   Long unnecessarily long,  it was
just easier.
But now to avoid a 50k+ long makefile I need all the "tricks" I can use.
Makes for
a much more complex file but by reducing every source to lists and using
the eval to
generate rules, it simplifies extending all sources.

Before this job I thought I was at @ a 7, on a scale of 1..10 for
knowledge/use of make.
Now I realize I was maybe a 3.
I'm climbing, consider myself at about a 6 now.

By the time this is over in August, I may even volunteer to help support
make.