Re: 3.8.1rc1/2

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: 3.8.1rc1/2
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 13:17:07 +0000

On 2006-3-20 12:24 UTC, PATTON, BILLY (SBCSI) wrote:
> Where can I find the new releases of make.  I looked at the gnu software
> page as well as the make project page and could not find any reference
> to it.

I went to the address at the end of this email, namely
> http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/help-make
and followed the link to the mailing-list archives, then
searched for 'release candidate', which led me here:
  ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/make/
where I see an rc1; there doesn't seem to be an rc2 at
this time.

> Are there IE specific source on it?  I was trying to download to
> my Mac at home and that happens pretty regularly.

That's extremely unlikely in the free software world.
Neither FSF nor the make maintainers use msw at all.