Re: My earlier message about core dump

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: My earlier message about core dump
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 09:15:48 -0500

%% "PATTON, BILLY \(SBCSI\)" <address@hidden> writes:

  pb> Also forgot to attach my Makefile to earlier post
  pb> I've done some tracing in the source of 3.8.0

FYI, the versions are 3.80 and 3.81, etc., not 3.8.0 and 3.8.1.

  pb> expand.c:67
  pb>       variable_buffer = (char *) xrealloc (variable_buffer,
  pb>                                      variable_buffer_length);

This is not where the real problem is, however:

  pb> size=4294965501

This is the real problem.  Someone is calling xrealloc() with a size of
4G, which just ain't gonna work.

Unfortunately I don't have time to backport all the fixes to 3.80.
However, based on your use of eval and this error I strongly suspect
this is an example of bug # 1517.  I posted a patch when I fixed that
bug; you can try applying it and see if it helps.  See the bug report:

  https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/index.php?func=detailitem&item_id=1517