Re: a small question about subst

From: gan_xiao_jun
Subject: Re: a small question about subst
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 05:02:29 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

Thanks for you all for helpful reply, I made a silly
mistake and wrongly thought $< would be modified in
subst.

I still have a question to trouble you:)
TO make question short, I use a simple example:

When I make the target all,I found a
objfile(/root/file1.o) not created.

Then I use
make --debug=b all
to get more information

I found it said:
Successfully remade target file /root/file1.o
where /root/file1.o not exist?????? (not rm later)
I think vpath is wrong would not give these success
information.

There are two place related with /root/file1.o:

$(OBJ_DIR)/%.o: %.cpp

$(OBJ_DIR)/file1.o: $(OUTPUT_DIR)/moc_file1.cpp

and moc_file1.cpp file is created successfully(exist)

Is there prossible reason for it?
I think it is my usage error, so I not give version of
make.
Thanks a lot for any comment.
gan

Yahoo! Mail