Re: Implicit Rule Chain

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: Implicit Rule Chain
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 14:06:25 -0400

%% "Paul Cameron" <address@hidden> writes:

  pc>
  pc> ------------------JC = /usr/local/java/bin/javacCLASSPATH =
  pc> /usr/local/java/src.jar:MrMappie/jsObjectStuff:MrMappie.jar:.SOURCEPATH =
  pc> MrMappie:UtilitiesVPATH =
  pc> MrMappie:Utilities:Utilities/ImagesMrMappie.jar(%):       jar uMf $@
  pc> $%%.class: %.java       $(JC) -classpath $(CLASSPATH) -sourcepath
  pc> $(SOURCEPATH) $<.SECONDARY: %.class#.PRECIOUS: %.classclean:       rm
  pc>
  pc> ---------------------------When make is run with

Can you please resend your message in a way that keeps your mail client
from "helpfully" reformatting it?  The above is not readable.

  pc> make -d 'MrMappie.jar(ServletCall.class)'

I don't think this will work.  Make treats targets of the form
"foo(bar)" in a special way... and that way doesn't support jar files.

See the "Using 'make' to Update Archive Files" chapter in the GNU make
manual.