Re: gmake: How to delete Pref3$1.class

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: gmake: How to delete Pref3$1.class
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 10:12:24 -0500

%% address@hidden (Alexander Farber) writes:

  af> I have a smaller Makefile and one of the files there
  af> is named "Pref3$1.class". I have troubles deleting it
  af> with "gmake clean", probably because the shell tries
  af> to expand the "$1" in its name.

  af> I couldn't find a solution in the manual sofar, could
  af> someone please give me a hint?

Look in the section "Basics of Variable References":