Re: Repost: Updating local makefile

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: Repost: Updating local makefile
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 13:25:39 -0500

%% Tristan Van Berkom <address@hidden> writes:

  >> $(CURDIR)/Makefile:$(CURDIR)/globalconfig/Makefile

  tvb> My apolagies for the repost, but I would really like to know if
  tvb> this is a bug in GNU Make or if this is the expected behaviour.

The problem is that make doesn't recognize that the "$(CURDIR)/Makefile"
target is the same as the "Makefile" file that it was invoked with, so
it doesn't find any rule to rebuild just "Makefile".

Why are you writing this as $(CURDIR)/Makefile instead of just Makefile?
If you change your rule to:

   Makefile: globalconfig/Makefile

it means the same thing (as far as I can see), and it then works.