make errors on Linux

From: sting sting
Subject: make errors on Linux
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2003 17:20:56 +0200

Hello ,
I am using make on Linux (make-3.79.1-17 rpm);
when I run it from command line , I get warning and erros;
when there is a warning , the error message begin with 'warning';
when there is an error ,the error message does not begin with 'error';.
soetimes (generally it occurrs most of the time) I have many warnings ,
and one error; and I have to scroll - sometimes 2 or 3 or more screens - and
look where there error message does not begin with error.
I was wondering wheter there is a  a way that make errors on Linux
will start with the word "ERROR" as the warning messages start with "WARNING"
(or, even better , that the text of a real ERROR message will be displayed
in a different colour)
regards,
sting