Re: exit make on compiliing error in Linux

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: exit make on compiliing error in Linux
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 18:44:24 -0500

%% "Wu, June (MED)" <address@hidden> writes:

  wj> I have a problem with the make on Linux. When we are working on
  wj> Unix platform (Solaris 5.6), if we remove the "-" from the front
  wj> of "if test" statement in the Makefile, the make will stop and
  wj> exit if an compiling error occurs. But on linux (Redhat 7.3, Intel
  wj> Pentium IV processor), the error is ignored and compile keeps
  wj> going. Is there a way to make the compile exits upon error?

Read through this support request at Savannah:

https://savannah.gnu.org/support/index.php?func=detailsupport&support_id=101830&group_id=71

HTH!