Re: is this a bug?

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: is this a bug?
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 18:05:20 -0500

%% Dave Hanson <address@hidden> writes:

  dh> I get the following error message when I attempt to perform a
  dh> "make" on set of .f90 files.  The makefile that I am using works
  dh> fine on an SGI machine.  If this does not appear to be a bug, can
  dh> you give me any advice on how to correct the problem?  Thanks.

It's not a problem with make.  Your makefile says "run the command m2c
with the arguments '-o params.o params.mod'".

So, make tries to run it... but it can't find that command m2c, so it
says "m2c: command not found".

You need to make sure the program "m2c" is installed on your system and,
if so, make sure that the directory it's in is in your PATH environment
variable so make can find it.