Re: None

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: None
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 14:04:04 -0500

%% "kristian dolan" <address@hidden> writes:

  kd> Hi.  I'd like to install GNU Make on my Sparc workstation.  I'm
  kd> doing this because I need GNU Make to build GNU Zip.  However, GNU
  kd> Make requires using GNU Zip.  Any suggestions?

http://sunfreeware.com has a large list of pre-built applications,
including both GNU make and gzip.

To be clear, gzip is _not_ a GNU implementation of the "zip" tool
(popular on Windows).  Gzip is very different from "zip", although both
do compression.