Makefile structure.

From: Alex Shprukh
Subject: Makefile structure.
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 16:24:51 +0200

Hi All
I have some major question about makefile.I will describe makefile and list of question's.

lib = \
    alex.a \
    papa.a \
    mama.a \
modules = \
    work
    travel

all: lib modules

alex.a :
    gcc
papa.a:
    gcc
mama.a
    gcc

pation.a:
    gcc
wisdom%.a :
    gcc

work: wisdom1.a pation.a
    gcc
travel :
    gcc
radio:
    gcc
Question:
If I run command gmake all,how it will build my modules?
If modules pation and wisdom also will build ,even if they not in my list ,and they will be build according to dependency.?
Will module radio participate in build ,even I didn't request it in all

My Best Regards ,

Alex Shprukh –UNIX Integrator

Tecnomatix (Israel)

Tel. 972–9-9594953

** eSafe-IL scanned this outgoing email for viruses, vandals and malicious content **