Re: finding path of included .mk file?

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: finding path of included .mk file?
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 00:23:04 -0400

%% address@hidden writes:

  m> For some make's, like BSD make, the second include call can omit
  m> the /some/strange/path/ part.  I think include calls will look in the
  m> location of the parent file.

  m> Can I do this with GNU make?

No.  All include paths are calculated from the directory make is invoked
in, at all times.

In the next version of GNU make, you will be able to find out the
pathname of the current makefile.  This can help you get the proper path
for inclusions of subsequent makefiles if they are in the same directory.