details required on wildcard function

From: bhaskar . g
Subject: details required on wildcard function
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 11:34:33 +0100

Hi,

I am trying to get a list of files required, from a file which contains the
root location of the required files. The contents of file can be any thing

1. absolute location
2. An env variable pointing to the absolute location.

When I try to use wildcard function, wildcard gives only the files present in
the root location whose absolute location is given, but doesnot
list the files at root location obtained from the environment variable.

Eg:
LISTROOT_FILENAME = /home/bhaskar/test.txt
REQFILE_LST := $(shell $(CAT) $(LISTROOT_FILENAME))
REQFILES := $(strip $(REQFILE_LST))
LIST_OF_FILES   := $(foreach FILE, $(REQFILES), $(wildcard $(FILE)/*))

test:
     @echo $(LIST_OF_FILES)

PS:

Try this having  absolute and relative paths  in  the file  in the first line
of this makefile.

NOTE: I had sent an earlier email which is quite confusing so I am drafting a
new and simple one. I also
do not know if this is a bug.

regards
bhaskar