Re: problems with make

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: problems with make
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 09:22:49 -0500

%% jaros <address@hidden> writes:

  j> - make-3.76.1-sol26-sparc-local.gz

Where does this version of make get installed, and what is it called?
If it's installed as "make" you need to make sure its directory is on
your PATH _before_ any other directories containing other "make"
programs (like /usr/ccs/bin).

  j> $ gmake
  j> I get message :
  j> gmake: syntax error at line 1: `(' unexpected

This error is not generated by GNU make.  That says to me that "gmake"
is not the actual GNU make program, but rather a script, or some other
program.

 http://www.gnu.org                      http://www.paulandlesley.org/gmake/