Re: [Help-make] Need help on gnu make

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: [Help-make] Need help on gnu make
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 14:15:02 -0400

%% "sushil" <address@hidden> writes:

  s> I am trying to install Gmake on a bsd box but although the make
  s> install works I do not get any response on calling gmake from the
  s> console.

GNU make doesn't install itself as "gmake".  It installs itself as
"make", in the /usr/local/bin directory.  Look here:

  s>   /usr/bin/install -c  make /usr/local/bin/make

Try running "/usr/local/bin/make", instead of "gmake".

If you want to install it differently, see the INSTALL file for
instructions.

 http://www.gnu.org                      http://www.paulandlesley.org/gmake/