help-libtasn1

Re: Couple of gtk-doc glitches

From: Roman Bogorodskiy
Subject: Re: Couple of gtk-doc glitches
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2021 15:38:48 +0400

  Simon Josefsson wrote:

> sön 2021-11-28 klockan 08:08 +0400 skrev Roman Bogorodskiy:
> >   Simon Josefsson wrote:
> >
> > > Just a quick reply, maybe this is related to the following?
> > >
> > > https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gtk-doc/-/issues/37
> > > https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gtk-doc/-/merge_requests/67
> > >
> > > I'm using gtk-doc from debian stable without patches.
> > >
> > > /Simon
> > >

> > Yes, looks like this very issue exactly.
> >
> > It's unfortunate the bug is 4 years old and still not fixed.
>
> Ouch.
>
> I guess this means Debian carry a patch for this, since I didn't see
> the problem?

Yes, it looks like Debian carries some patch that fixes that:

https://salsa.debian.org/gnome-team/gtk-doc/-/blob/debian/master/debian/patches/revert_fix_build.patch

Looks like it's supposed to fix other bugs, but fixes this one as well
because it completely comments out the 'partial declaration' raise.

> I'll see if I can add a CI/CD bootstrap build on some old platform that
> trigger this bug -- it is really impossible to manually test all
> variations of platforms and different tool versions.
>
> Thanks for your persistence in tracking down this!  I understand
> debugging gtk-doc isn't what you want to do when packaging libtasn1...
>
> /Simon

Roman Bogorodskiy