help-libtasn1

Re: Segmentation fault in 3.0 release with Trisquel 6.0

From: Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos
Subject: Re: Segmentation fault in 3.0 release with Trisquel 6.0
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2012 21:36:07 +0100

On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 1:08 PM, DNS <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi guys :)
> I tested 3.0 and found an "evil" bug it seems, after installing i could
> not run any sudo command anymore, i was gettin just a "Segmentation
> fault" as reply (tested on Trisquel 6.0 alpha with Linux-Libre 3.6.2 and
> 3.6.4).
> If you like to reproduce the problem, here are the builds i made for 3.0
> (moved from gnu ppa to bleed ppa):
> https://launchpad.net/~dns/+archive/test0/+packages?field.name_filter=libtasn1&field.status_filter=published&field.series_filter=

Hello,
 This libtasn1 version is binary incompatible with the previous
releases, and thus has a different so version which does not affect
any existing linked programs. Could it be that sudo in your system is
opening it via dlopen? Unfortunately I cannot reproduce it using
binaries. Please provide more debugging information if you think the
issue is in libtasn1.

regards,
Nikos