help-libtasn1

Re: GeneralString, UniversalString, or UTF8String?

From: Ivan Shmakov
Subject: Re: GeneralString, UniversalString, or UTF8String?
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2012 13:17:24 +0700

        Which, I believe, contradicts X.690 8.21.7 (and, similarly,
        8.21.8 for BMPString), so I've filed a bug report against
        Convert::ASN1 [1].

[1] https://rt.cpan.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=79999

[…]

 >> (I'm yet to find some good reference on ASN.1.  BTW, for a C
 >> reference, GNU Libc manual has served me for years.  So my guess is
 >> that some information on ASN.1 and its application may lie well
 >> within the scope of the GNU Libtasn1 manual?)

 > I am not aware of any good reference/book either.  I think the best
 > reference is the standard itself (which is -surprisingly- well
 > written):

 > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abstract_Syntax_Notation_One#Standards

        ACK, thanks!  However, what has surprised me the most is that
        these are available free of charge, which is still somewhat
        unusual for international standards.  (I wonder if it has
        anything to do with, say, RFC 6756?)

--
FSF associate member #7257